Everything went great with William's delivery. From start to finish (6am to midnight), labor took 18 hours. After 40 minutes of huffing and puffing (that was dad), William popped out kicking and screaming (2 minutes late according to Andy's prophecy).
So, I loved every moment of being pregnant except for the the last three hours - those were rough. Andy was amazing - funny (go figure) and strong (we were all worried about a weak stomach coming on - but he didn't even waiver). I didn't think it was possible to be more crazy about Andy - but I think everything I feel for him doubled in just a single day.
There are a few things that surprised me about delivery - so for the curious, here's a quick recap...
1. It hurts, a lot
2. Don't breathe, groan or cry when you push, why? it's ineffective - or as my doctor put it...
- "No, you aren't tired, now push"
- "That was better, but you're still not pushing hard enough, now push"
- "Don't you even think of crying, just push hard"
- "You're the only one in this room getting this baby out, now push harder!"
3. Your body needs lots of time, goop and TLC to recover
That's it - the final prego blog entry. I understand the memories fade fast (especially the painful ones). For everyone that's hung around for the adventure thank you for your support, advise and love. I have absolutely loved sharing the last nine months with so many wonderful friends, family members and colleagues.
05 September 2008
Tales for L&D (if you dare!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment