04 August 2008

35 Weeks, Who's the Gullible One?

How far along: Last day of week 35, only 4 weeks remain.

What's new: So you may have seen the surprise shower post already, but turns out pulling one over on Holly is all the rage right now. Friday was the first Friday of the month - which means bunko! Little did I know the girls at bunko night had NO intention of playing bunko. The ladies in the hood treated me to a fabulous shower in place of playing bunko. I was shocked, but of course Andy was in the know and conspired to make sure I showed up on time, but not early.

After getting over the shock and awe of the second surprise shower in a week, Andy declare the shower season over. Of course I believed my honest, forthright, loving husband, just to be fooled again on Monday at work! Kathy at work arranged a perfect showers with ladies from all over Constellation (and beyond - thank you for coming in from NJ Lynn!!). I think my chin hit the floor twice, once at the ambush and second when Kathy said Andy was sorry he had a meeting that came up and wouldn't be able to make the shower.
We are so lucky to have so many wonderful neighbors, friends and co-workers wishing us the best. Baby Cowx, Andy and I are all truly blessed to have such a fantastic community to welcome our new family addition.
Holly Jean says: You knew about all of the showers!?
Geordie says: What showers?

Here's a pic of the diaper cake and the chocolate cake from the bunko shower on Aug. 1.

No comments: